Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaJean
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + contrast and color issues?

I did check the Roku on another TV and it worked fine. The problem wasn't the Roku after all. The TV was the culprit. I have replaced the TV and all is good.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
dmmonty

I'm having the same issues.  Kids watched a cartoon movie and the overheating warning kept popping up.  Once they were done and I returned to live TV, everyone's skin is either red and high contrast, or blown white.  Tried unplugging, cooling, adjusting  contract on TV menu, etc.  Nothing works.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dmmonty

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevie_white198
Channel Surfer

Roku 4K express + contrast and color issues?

I’m having an issue wherein I choose a title on any app that is UHD or better and the screen goes a funny shade of green and blue, I’ve tried all the usual suggestions, switching off and on, software update, app update, tried switching hdmi ports and brand new 8k ready cable, I’m now stumped and don’t really want to factory reset as the device has worked flawlessly since I got it

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4K express + contrast and color issues?

@Stevie_white198, did this issue just start recently?  Did your Roku recently update to software version 11.5?  You can check under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Stevie_white198
Channel Surfer

Yeah just started happening 

0 Kudos
Stevie_white198
Channel Surfer

Software version 11.0.0

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Stevie_white198, I thought it might be a problem with the new 11.5 version, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  It's unlikely that your Roku updated recently since 11.5 is rolling out, so it's probably not some update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I encountered this issue and resolved it by changing the HDR setting off and on again.

settings > system > advanced system settings > advanced display settings > HDR Always On.

I changed this setting from what it was to the other option, and then back again, and the colors and contrast reverted back to normal.

0 Kudos