Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gperson
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ Screen Saver Mode Stuck

Roku Streaming Stick 3810RW
ver 9.1.0 build 4111-50
Screen Saver Mode non-responsive when turning TV back on. TV volume responds to Roku remote but Roku does not respond and is stuck in screen saver mode (Subaru scrnsvr) until I jiggle it in the port or unplug/plugin from the port or unplug/plugin the Roku power cord. Happens every-time the TV is turned off and back on. It used to work fine for months but just started this "stuck in screensaver mode" recently. My other two Roku devices work fine. This only happens when the TV is turned off for a while (hours or overnight) then turned back on.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Screen Saver Mode Stuck

@gperson 

Thanks for the note. 

This may relate to a communication issue with your remote control. Try downloading the free Roku Mobile app, and use the built-in remote control functionality to press any button. The player should respond to this input, and wake out of screensaver mode. 

To troubleshoot enhanced, point-anywhere remote issues, see more tips here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-any...

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
gperson
Level 7

Thanks Tanner - I'll try to PAIR it and also order the HDMI extender as indicated in your link to see if there is an issue with interference.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Those are both great first steps! 

You might also double check that your wireless router is broadcasting a 5GHz Wi-Fi network and ensure your Streaming Stick+ is connected to that network SSID, and/or try changing the wireless broadcast channel on your router to see if this helps. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer can assist you with both of those items. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
gperson
Level 7

I actually did recently install a new 5G Router (same ssid and psswd) but didnt think for a second that it could be the issue.

I'll reset the Network settings on the Roku, reconnect to the 5G, plus the Remote Pairing thing then update the results after an overnight test. 
0 Kudos
gperson
Level 7

One or all of the above seems to have worked.
0 Kudos