Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ Overheat with Formula 1 App

When I open the Formula 1 app on my Roku Streaming Stick+ and try to login it spins for a while and says unknown error occurred. Then a overheat message appeared so I disconnected it and let it cool off.

I was able to login ok to the F1 app from my Roku Express+.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Overheat with Formula 1 App

I'm watching the Austrian Grand Prix and just got the Roku Overheating message again. Something is wrong with the F1 App and Roku Streaming Stick+.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got the overheating error message on my Roku Ultra using the Formula 1 app while watching qualifying. Q1 was barely over when the message came up.  So it took less than 20 minutes of streaming before the message came up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Watching F1 Styrian GP Live right now and overheating message popped up again. I only see the overheating message when watching the F1 App. Haven't seen it any other time for all the other apps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I would suggest also sending a message to the F1 app support and let them know if you haven't done so yet. Sounds to me like an app issue and the more that tell them, maybe they'll look into it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thats too much work there is no Feedback on the F1 website . can't find it anywhere. I'm watching the Hungarian GP right now and just got the Device is overheating message again. I just ignore it now. If it overheats and breaks I figure out what to do then,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same problem with my HD Roku and watching Formula One TV. Yesterday was the first time I streamed the race and it gave an overheating message in about 30 minutes. I put a cool pack on top of the unit with a cloth underneath and it ran ok for about another hour before overheating again.

LG 4k TV, Spectrum provider - Roku Ultra receiver

Any suggestions Roku?

I've never had this problem before - the unit is about 3 years old.

Thanks

Thomas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Also try sending email here..supposed to be F1 app support   general@en.formula1.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks but given that they recommended the Roku device and app to play their streams I doubt they have any idea what about the Roku hardware is causing this issue. Remember it' not just F1 for me along - several Roku users reported the issue - and not just for F1 but for Amazon Prime also.

Thom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Gotcha. I have the problem also. But I figured I put it out there to both parties...maybe it wont fall on deaf ears so to speak.

0 Kudos