Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewjkim

Roku Streaming Stick 3800X HDMI male connector Replacement

Jump to solution

I don't consider myself to be an expert in electronics, but recently the male connector end of my Roku Streaming Stick 3800X got bent severely so I opened up the outer plastic casing and gently removed the HDMI connector that was somewhat connected to the PCB board. My question is this: does anybody know the part number to replace the HDMI male connector bit or is this part considered a standard HDMI male connector and can be found in any electronic hobby shop or online store? I think I paid $30 on Black Friday a year or two ago and just using it for a second bedroom TV. I didn't want to spring cash on another streaming device and wanted to just replace the HDMI connector if it's possible. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3800X HDMI male connector Replacement

Jump to solution

The part number would vary by manufacturer, but any PC mount male HDMI connector should work.  Just look at the pictures and compare them to what you see on your stick.  You may find it's not worth the time, money, and effort.  Just looking around those things are surprisingly hard to find.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

The part number would vary by manufacturer, but any PC mount male HDMI connector should work.  Just look at the pictures and compare them to what you see on your stick.  You may find it's not worth the time, money, and effort.  Just looking around those things are surprisingly hard to find.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
adamg0810

Jump to solution

Does anyone know which specific usb roku compatible cable to get to connect from the Roku stick to the roku "power cable with long range wifi receiver"?  thank you! 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@adamg0810 wrote:

Does anyone know which specific usb roku compatible cable to get to connect from the Roku stick to the roku "power cable with long range wifi receiver"?  thank you! 

This one is for the 3810/3811 Stick. Make sure you have that model. Note that you can't use an extender cable between the Roku cable and the Roku. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos