Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streaming Issues dark and blurry

My home screen is fine, bright and clear however shows on Prime, Crave, Netflix are dark, blurry, fuzzy. The same with cable tv. Unwatchable. However, no issues with the home screens as I said or Spotify. When I pause a show, it will show the picture with great quality but once I hit play, it is dark and blurry again. My TV is less than two years old. 

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Issues dark and blurry

@Saintjohnsally

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnM2400
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue except it doesn't correct when unpaused, and Netflix works fine. I factory reset all video settings to no avail. Were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
JohnM2400
Reel Rookie

For anyone who has this problem in the future, I found a solution! Doing a network connection reset returned everything to normal.

Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection

I hope this helps someone!

It's fine folks like u that make the world great, worked for me, thanks

Hotchi

This worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

Thank you for posting this solution! Worked for me tonight!! I was scared my TV was broken. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Samij

Thank you!!! This saved me

0 Kudos