Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pb111
Level 7

Roku Stick just stopped working

I was just watching TV and all of a sudden it stopped working and I got a blue screen that says no signal. I've unplugged everything for a few minutes. Took out the batteries on the remote but I get nothing. The light on my Roku Stick will not come on. I think I've had the stick or maybe about 2 years tops. I tried the reset button on the stick as well as resetting my modem but it's still not working. I still just have a no signal screen. I've tried moving around the input channel also but that's not working either. Can anything else be done or do these things just **bleep** out and I have to buy a new one?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stick just stopped working

It's possible that it died - they are made in China - but first try another power supply.  If you're not using the supplied power supply then that's the first thing to try.  If you are, try your TV's USB port.  If that doesn't work, try any you have lying around preferably one that can supply at least 1 Amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sjgaboury
Level 7

Re: Roku Stick just stopped working

I also am having the exact same issue.  I fear that it is the micro usb port.  It has always been a little touchy.  And the HDMI part wiggles a bit now when I insert it into the tv.  I am looking for options.  I hate to have to purchase another roku.  Right now I have a tv that has no tv capabilities because the roku is the primary source.

0 Kudos