Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcrowder45
Channel Surfer

Roku Soundbar and Roku Wireless Speakers

I have a TCL roku tv model 55S423, a roku smartbar model 9101X and roku wireless speakers model 9030X. I get sound out of the wireless speakers and the subwoofer but I'm not getting any sound from the roku smartbar. Is this correct or have I missed a step?

Thanks
Darrell

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Soundbar and Roku Wireless Speakers

I have a 65" TCl Roku TV with the wireless speaker and sub. Works awesome. There is no Roku Smartbar. It is a Roku Streambar. Did you setup the Roku Streambar in the menu? Is your streambar hooked up the the ARC HDMI port? So you have 4 speakers correct? Streambar, 2 wireless speakers and the sub? 

https://support.roku.com/article/360053178373

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dcrowder45 

You have two Roku streamers. The Roku TV and the Streambar Pro. If you're using the Roku in the TV, then you should be connecting the Streambar Pro via HDMI/ARC, or HDMI and optical port. Otherwise, it's not being utilized.

If you're using the Streambar Pro to stream, you should be connecting the speakers to it and not to the TV, I believe.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

dcrowder45
Channel Surfer

Yes, I have a subwoofer, 2 wireless speakers and a streambar.

I have the streambar running into the TCL TV at the HDMI ARC.

I have sound coming from the subwoofer and the speakers. No sound from the streambar or TV.

How do I set up the streambar in the TV?

I think I'm streaming through the streambar and not the TV.

0 Kudos
dcrowder45
Channel Surfer

Yes, I have a subwoofer, 2 wireless speakers and a streambar.

I have the streambar running into the TCL TV at the HDMI ARC.

I have sound coming from the subwoofer and the speakers. No sound from the streambar or TV.

How do I set up the streambar in the TV?

I think I'm streaming through the streambar and not the TV.

When I raise or lower the volume, the small light on the front of the streambar lights up briefly.

What would you suggest to get sound through all four speakers?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dcrowder45 wrote:

... I think I'm streaming through the streambar and not the TV....

If you're using the TV remote, you're using the TV. If you're using the remote that came with the Streambar, you're using the Streambar, unless you paired the remote with the TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
dcrowder45
Channel Surfer

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dcrowder45
Channel Surfer

After doing some research, I see that I have the Smart Soundbar Model 9101X and not the streambar.

I can use the Smart Soundbar to access Roku or access it through my Roku TV.

I am still having trouble getting sound through the Smart Soundbar. The two wireless speakers and the subwoofer are playing sound but no sound through the Smart Soundbar.

I did get out the TV remote and check the settings and they seemed correct. I also accessed the settings in the Smart Soundbar. 

I'm not sure what the problem is but I may delete the Smart Soundbar from the TV and start again to see if I can solve the issue.

Thank you for your suggestions and if you have any other thoughts, please post them.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Are you signed into the Soundbar? The Smart Soundbar is  a Roku Streaming device within itself. Can you plug it into a non Roku TV and check? If so log out of it. No need to do that cause your only using it for sound

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Do this step. Perform a factory reset on the Roku wireless speakers and subwoofer on your Roku TV. Then unplug them from the power. What I mean is going to settings and actually remove them so they’re no longer connected to your TV. So the only speakers plugged in is the sound bar through the HDMI ARC. Using your TV remote only press the home button five times which brings up the set up menu for devices such as speakers. Go through the process and see if you have sound out of the sound bar. If you do then re-add your wireless speakers and subwoofer

0 Kudos