Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lanib510
Level 7

Roku Smart Tv is Blank

Hi. I just bought my ONN Roku smart tv about 3 days ago and last night I mounted my tv to the wall & it wouldn’t turn on & still hasn’t this morning. Before I mounted it, I turned my tv off and then unplugged it. I have no other cords or cable connected to my tv. I would use my remote to turn the tv on and it would turn on but it would be a blank screen. I would hear sounds from pressing buttons on my remote and the red light at the bottom of my tv would blink whenever I pressed a button. I’ve tried to unplug and wait 30 secs and plug it back in and it won’t work. I’ve also tried to reset it and it still won’t work. Please help me, thank you

6 Replies
twiceover
Level 13

Re: Roku Smart Tv is Blank

If you get really close to the screen, can you see the faint outline of the menu?

If so, it's possible your back light went bad.  Why?  No idea.  But that's my first thought.

0 Kudos
Lanib510
Level 7

@twiceover wrote:

If you get really close to the screen, can you see the faint outline of the menu?

If so, it's possible your back light went bad.  Why?  No idea.  But that's my first thought.

Nope, I cannot see the menu at all. Just a blank blue/black screen 

0 Kudos
amberj228
Level 7

I am experiencing the exact same thing right now. Did you ever get it figured out?

Rickakrejce
Level 8

You guyd ever figure it out I got the sane thing

Cmchartier
Level 7

Hey guys I've been experiencing the same **bleep** thing for a while and none of the resetting did anything .... As crazy as it sounds it took hitting mine...  Usually on the bottom just right and it would pop back on....  I read about someone else having to do the exact same thing...  Obviously not a permanent fix for whatever is wrong but it works for the time being....  Unfortunately everytime it happens it seems harder to get it to come back.... I think I might have hit my limit with it because I haven't been able to get my pic back at all today, but hope this helps someone lol 

Kali1221
Level 7

My Onn Roku TVs have a blank screen sometimes when I turn them on.  I just hit the “home” button on the remote and that fixes it. 

0 Kudos