Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
78913mart
Level 7

Roku Smart TV making high pitched noise

I just brought home our brand new Roku 55” Smart TV and after plugging it in and turning it on, it makes an extremely loud high pitched noise (almost like a high frequency that hurts your ears). It continues even when the volume of a show is on. I’ve tried restarting, tried unplugging and plugging it in elsewhere, and nothing else is plugged into the tv

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Smart TV making high pitched noise

This is the TV and not the remote, right?  You should try the manufacture's support as they're responsible for the hardware.  Roku only supplies the software.

https://support.roku.com/article/115006475047-where-can-i-get-support-for-my-roku-tv-

0 Kudos
M-Crash
Level 7

Try turning down the brightness. I still hear it occasionally, but not near as loud. 

0 Kudos
Mannyjim
Level 7

I had my audio settings on HDMI auto detect. At first I disconnected the HDMI cable on both the Roku and the television. The high pitch noise was still there. I then went into the audio settings and changed from HDMI auto detect to HDMI pass through. That stopped the noise. I then switched the setting back to HDMI auto-detect. This has happened to me a couple of times and I do not know why.

0 Kudos