Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliacampbell
Level 7

[Roku Smart Soundbar] Can't play music directly from iPhone over bluetooth anymore

I've had my Roku Smart Soundbar  connected to my TV for awhile now. I used to be able to play on the speaker directly through bluetooth from my Spotify or podcast app (by selecting devices -> Roku Smart Soundbar) and then the music would start playing over the speaker with no need to turn on the TV

I have no idea what changed, but now I am unable to get my music to play on the speaker. Now when I select the speaker via devices in spotify, it launches the album art of the music on the screen (something that didn't happen before) and when I press play, the sound comes out of my phone not the speaker.

I have verified that the phone is bluetooth connected to the speaker, they are on the same wifi network, and I have tried forgetting and reconnecting the device. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bertpalm
Level 7

Re: [Roku Smart Soundbar] Can't play music directly from iPhone over bluetooth anymore

I have had the same issue.  Iphone XR.  It worked fine this morning when we first hooked it up.  Then we went to the store, and it's no longer working.

0 Kudos
Bertpalm
Level 7

Re: [Roku Smart Soundbar] Can't play music directly from iPhone over bluetooth anymore

I am wondering if it is a disagreement between apple and Roku.  Competition?

0 Kudos