Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Seems Frozen

All three of my Roku boxes stopped working today. I have unplugged them and plugged them back in. The dancing letters show up and then the home screen, but it doesn’t react to the remote when I want to click on a channel. It seems the home screen is frozen. I just purchased these Roku boxes in December.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Seems Frozen

What model Roku players are they? It sounds like a remote issue, which can sometimes be resolved easily. Most Roku players (except the Stick and Ultra models) come with a simple IR remote. There's nothing to pair, the remote must just have a clear line of sight to the Roku. But if the remote has a voice command button, or a headphone jack, then it's a WiFi Direct remote that must be paired with the player. On rare occasions they might lose their pair, but in my experience it's not been common. If it's WiFi, there's a pair button under the battery case.

If they are IR remotes, first check the batteries and make sure they are good and installed correctly. Some remotes have both batteries pointing the same way, while other remotes have the opposite. Then you can test the IR function by viewing the remote though a digital camera (such as a phone camera) and watch for a flashing light when you press any remote button.

Hopefully someone isn't playing a trick on you and installed the batteries wrong. Smiley Very Happy Seems odd that all three would do it at the same time. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos