Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Premiere - screen goes black periodically on every channel I use

Brand new premiere, have had this issue from the first evening using it. On every channel, screen will periodically go black and sound cuts off, then it comes back about 2 seconds later. Whatever I'm watching does not stop, however, so when the screen/sound comes back on it's a few seconds later in the show or song. Have tried various fixes found on here (used different HDMI cables; tried different HDMI ports on TV; restarted router; restarted premiere; removed problem channels then restarted premiere then added channels back) and nothing has worked. Seems Roku has a programming or manufacturing issue - are you aware of this, Roku Support??

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Premiere - screen goes black periodically on every channel I use

I have the same issue periodically with an older Roku 4 using 4K HDR.

Go to System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Auto-adjust display refresh rate.  If it's Enabled, set to Disabled.  If it's Disabled, set to Enabled.

I have mine Enabled and get the periodic black screen.  It stops when I change to Disabled.  However, I like to keep it Enabled because of picture quality under certain circumstances.  Yes, the screen going blank is annoying, but I prefer the better picture quality over a periodic annoyance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for that suggestion @hauptmM3. I gave that a try, setting the display to a fixed 1080p (what my TV is) instead of auto detect, and unfortunately that did not fix the problem on the Roku Premiere, it's still going black and losing audio periodically.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

That sounds like the setting under 'Display type'.

On the older Roku 4 there's another setting under Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced display settings.

I selected 'Disable' and the issue with the screen going black periodically, disappeared.

Perhaps the Premiere doesn't have that setting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The advanced display setting was already set to disabled, the problem still exists.

0 Kudos