Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premiere: just stopped working???

I got the device a few years ago. It was working just fine until about a day or ago. When I turn the tv on the roku title comes up, but then just freezes. There doesnt appear to be anything wrong with the tv. I have unplugged it, reset it, tried hitting random buttons on the remote. Nothing seems to work. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Premiere: just stopped working???

@Sammars21  Thanks for the note. It's possible that your device may have experienced a hardware issue, however, there are a few other things you can try to help troubleshoot this: 

- If you have a micro-sd card inserted in your player, try removing this, then disconnect the pwoer for a moment and plug the device back in to reboot it. 

- Follow the steps here to perform a full factory reset. Make sure you hold down the reset button on your device for a full 20-30 seconds before releasing it, in order to perform the reset properly: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos