Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premiere hitting 232 degrees (pic)

@rh55balcolm

Thanks letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. 

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and device serial number and I can get you in touch with our support team for more assistance from there. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rh55balcolm
Level 7

Thanks.
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 11

Not sure how it keeps it cool, but maybe some form of heatsink came loose? Does anything rattle if you move the box?
0 Kudos
rh55balcolm
Level 7

I popped off the cover and looked.  No heatsink, no fan, no nothing.  Happily, Thanks to this Forum and RokuDanny-R, I was contacted by Roku.  They called me and left a message and also sent an email.  I'm totally shocked!  They asked for some basic info and replied saying I must have a defective unit and that they are shipping me out a replacement.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks and Thanks Danny.
0 Kudos
zaxdad123
Level 7

I bought a premier last week. I used a longer HDMI cable. The first night it played intermittently.The unit was too hot to touch. I switched back to the supplied cable and the temp went down. It's still pretty hot to the touch. I'll probably return it, I'm still in the BB return window. Strange.
I just checked the temp after an hour. 99C.
I'm curious. What is the correct operating temp range for these devices?
0 Kudos
rh55balcolm
Level 7

the 2nd unit did the same thing (heated up to 107C).  I contacted Roku again thru an email they sent to follow up and i told them.  I even sent a screen cap.  So they sent me an Ultra and that runs much cooler about 70C, and works great!  Problem resolved.

0 Kudos