Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premiere consistently has poor connection issues and won't play certain channels

I got a Roku Premiere in the summer and every so often will have issues with internet connection. Before that, I had a Roku Express and would have the exact same issue. 

I will try and watch Prime Video or Disney+ and would get error messages about poor internet connection. I will check the connection and get an X with the internet connection. But this is the only device that isn’t working. After several resets, I can get it to finally work but it can take long time. My parents have a RCA Roku TV and it doesn’t seem to have this issue. 

Whenever this is occurring, Netflix and YouTube seem to be working fine. Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem? 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Premiere consistently has poor connection issues and won't play certain channels

@Justin_D1986 wrote:
I got a Roku Premiere in the summer and every so often will have issues with internet connection. Before that, I had a Roku Express and would have the exact same issue. 

I will try and watch Prime Video or Disney+ and would get error messages about poor internet connection. I will check the connection and get an X with the internet connection. But this is the only device that isn’t working. After several resets, I can get it to finally work but it can take long time. My parents have a RCA Roku TV and it doesn’t seem to have this issue. 

Whenever this is occurring, Netflix and YouTube seem to be working fine. Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem? 

I don't know how to keep it from occuring -- it happens to me every so often, several times most months.  I've always figured there's some sort of network error that other devices can recover from gracefully but knocks the Roku out, but what do I know? 

I find this usually gets it back fairly quickly:

• Restart the router, even though other devices connect without issue.
  • Restart Roku -- Settings > System > System restart
  • System > Network > Set up connection

The couple of times this didn't do it, unplugging the power for a few seconds, starting back up, then trying the net connection again has always gotten me there.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos