Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theu715
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere Overheating

I've had my Roku Premiere for less than a year and I've started getting a message saying the device is overheating on screen. It's sitting out in the open with plenty of ventilation and this is still happening. Reading other posts there was never an answer to the problem. Is Roku doing returns on these or is it just being ignored. I've tried unplugging for 10 minutes and starting again and it overheats within 20 minutes still. I've left it unplugged for a full day and still, same issue. Thanks for any help ya'll can offer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Premiere Overheating

Hey @theu715

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About or underneath the device itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
theu715
Reel Rookie

The SN on the bottom of the device is: K43028209152.

Roku.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks for the reply, @theu715

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Royg
Reel Rookie

The serial number is YH00G5528843.  In addition to my Roku Premier overheating, when streaming a tv show or movie the Roku Premier is constantly downloading content to play.  Netflix, AppleTV, Amazon Prime Video do not have this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Royg

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Firstly, please be advised that this thread is regarding overheating. If you need further assistance with another issue, we would recommend creating a new thread for it. 

In line with your overheating device, have you tried all the suggestions in this Support link: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Royg
Reel Rookie

I tried all steps in the link you sent me.  The problem persists.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Royg

I do apologize for the delay in response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sausageman
Reel Rookie

I have a similar problem with one of our devices. It's a Premiere and 2.5 years old.  Recently, the alert flashed on the screen about it overheating. It did have a red light on. The player has been on/off recently without any incident but, the player has been used longer than 1/2 hour without any issues until last week. 

I have shut it down and let the player cool down and just started it back up. Upon turning the TV on I went to check it thru Settings and About without any issues.  The player has been on for only about 5 minutes since I've been typing and it feels like the other 2 players. I expect it to get hotter in time. 

I have yet to see a real definitive answer for the overheating issue. Did I miss it?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @sausageman

Thanks for the post.

If you have tried the suggestions available in my post above, reply here the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos