Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Premiere No Signal

I’ve had my Roku Premiere (4620 series) for a few years now and never had this issue before. It was working perfectly fine and then all of a sudden just stopped working. I will try to wake the Roku and get the “bouncing” Roku loading screen, then all of a sudden the screen will go black and say there is no signal.  I have read TONS of articles online and done all the troubleshooting that I can find on every support page, so to save some hassle (and my sanity) here is what I’ve tried already: 

- unplugging all cords from my TV and Roku; taking batteries out of the remotes and replacing them

- trying different HDMI cables; switching HDMI ports on the TV; flipping ends of the HDMI cables

- resetting the Roku (with the button on the back and with the remote since i can’t get into the settings)

- rebooting my wifi (although every other device has no trouble connecting)

all the cords to the Roku are the originals (and it’s the original remote).

I have an Insignia 32” LED TV

Model: NS-32D311NA15

Serial #: 140632TU22234

Rev. D

I have a Roku Premiere 

7J973E082083

Model: 4620X

FCC ID: TC2-R1013

IC: 5959A-R1013

somebody please help!!! I’M SO FRUSTRATED!

8 REPLIES 8
keejohnson

Re: Roku Premiere No Signal

I'm not sure if you solved your problem but my premiere stopped working out of nowhere and wouldn't connect to my wifi after connecting with no problem for months.  I tried everything. We had recently switched to Spectrum so I called them and they did something on their end that they say made my device "more discoverable" and boosted it somehow.  It worked.  Not sure what they did but it was the only thing that helped.

jkim8

Same for me; just suddenly went black; unplugging and restarting gets the bouncing ROKU logo and then black...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jkim8

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light on the Roku device once the screen goes black? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if you are able to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out. With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello,

My Roku Premiere seems to have quit working also. No light; all I get is the purple Roku bouncing screen then black. I have tried new batteries in the remote, unplugging, checked all the connections, reset the internet and the reset button on the receiver - nothing. I finally switched the receiver with one from another room and it works fine - so I know all the cables work.

Is it just dead? can this be fixed?

[personal information]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @fiveconnors

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us how the affected Roku device is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeffy07

Roku Premiere No Signal from Roku to HDMI

I am trying to set up a Roku Premier on a Seiki TV. This is the second Roku I am trying to set up on a 2nd TV. The Roku is plugged in to an electrical outlet. The power is active because I am seeing a blinking blue light. However, the TV is indicating no signal. I did unplug and replug into power. I have tried it with HDMI1 and HDMI2. I have also switched to a different HDMI cable with no results. I did call what I thought was the support toll free number and was told that there was a charge to change for multiple devices. I suspect that I got to an scam toll free number and did not proceed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere No Signal from Roku to HDMI

@Jeffy07

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting the Roku device that you are experiencing the issue with to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mitzikitty

Set up roku to same hdmi and wall outlet/ No Signal from Roku to HDMI blue light flashing

0 Kudos