Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NDboots
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ Model 4630X White Screen

I bought a new Roku Premiere+ Model 4630X 10 weeks ago on Amazon, and the past 2 weeks I'm experiencing a white screen issue.  Can watch a movie or a TV program, and when about 15-60 minutes into it, it starts doing that.  Jumps in and out to white screen then back to programming, sometimes it just stays in the white screen.  Occasionally goes to black screen, then sometime our TV goes to it's own blue screen that says no reception too.  We have a Roku 3 in kitchen that works fine, if we turn that one on when this Premiere+  is doing the white screen, the one in the kitchen has absolutely no reception problems, so we can not blame our router. The power light is on when the Roku does this white screen bouncing back and forth, and light stays on if it stays white screen.  Sometimes if I unplug power from the Roku Premiere+ for 15 seconds, then plug it back in, it will reboot and behave for a while, then it goes back to doing the same thing!  Anyone know of a cure for this?  How can I tell if the Wifi on this Premiere+ is gon whacky????  This is very annoying on a nearly new device! 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CV27
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere+ Model 4630X White Screen

Seems like a flaky unit.  Is the 4630X still active when in white screen, can you hear the blip when pressing a button on the remote?  Does it feel extremely hot at the touch?

Given I have no problem with mine, you can discard a firmware issue if you're up to date; what firmware are you on?

As to the possibility of the WiFi going bad, it would be a strange reaction to simply display a white screen.  Try pinging the Roku when this happens and see if it responds.
0 Kudos
NDboots
Level 7

I had that problem everyday, almost right away with my Roku Premiere+, sometimes more then once a day, whatever I was watching went to white screen but I still had audio.  I bought it July 2017.  It was still under 90-day warranty so I was going to return it, but I had a thought...This device has a 4 core processor!  How is it being cooled inside this close container?  When I touched it during white screen the device was very warm to the touch!  So, on the 4 corners I put a double stack of those thick felt furniture pads that are less then a half an inch of diameter, I got it almost a 1/2" up in the air.  Guess what!  The problem stopped, it was over heating and just needs air circulation all around it.  You can take a wire coat hanger and a pliers and fashion a little 4 legged stand to set it on too, I would shape it so an inch or more in the air.  Maybe setting it on old computer processor heat fins would help to keep it cooler too, but I have not tried that yet.  But, just give it more air on the bottom side and it will be a much happier device.  I have not had any trouble with it since letting air get around it's bottom side.  Works great ever since getting it elevated, beautiful picture, good sound, no more white screen since then, and it's now Dec. 2018.   
0 Kudos

I'm glad that you got the issue resolved. Although, I would have returned it since it was still under warranty. Yes, you solved the issue on your own and that's great. But, it could have been a faulty unit, to begin with. Best of luck with it in the future.
"One finger is all it takes." - Tsunade Hime.
0 Kudos