Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premiere Digitally Garbled Sound Problems

We bought a Roku Premiere just over a year ago.  Now we are having a problem where occasionally the sound starts to cut out.  It sounds like a digital breakup of the sound - choppy and digital sounding.  The only way we've found to solve the issue is to unplug it and plug it back in.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Thanks!
Jon

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Premiere Digitally Garbled Sound Problems

Its faster and better if you do Setting/System/System restart

Try fiddling with the settings in Settings/Audio

Is this on every Channel?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you!  I will try that.  Not sure whether it's on every channel.  I think it might have always been on Netflix when we've discovered it - but then after restarting, Netflix works fine.
Thanks again!
Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I only have problems with this on the Roku channel. Can watch first segment of show but after commercials the second segment is like slow motion/ garble with words

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have this problem as well. It sounds like the audio is under water.  It happens several times a week and has happened on several channels.  The only fix I have found is to unplug the Roku, and restart.  I have had many different models of ROKU over the last 10 years and had no issues whatsoever.  I have had this particular ROKU (premier) since 8-19-19, and I'm disappointed in the quality of this one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here. Watching something and sound suddenly get garbled. I've found that just pausing the video for about 5 minutes and it goes away. You can keep checking by hitting play, but usually gone in about 5. Better that restarting as it seem to happen at least once per session.

0 Kudos