Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdkirby1969
Level 7

Roku Premier will not turn on... even after multiple resets.

I bought my Roku premier directly from Roku. The day it came in, I hooked it up. Setup went well.. watched TV on it for several hours. Turned it off.. next day.. I turn it on.. all I get is a blinking white light on the unit, and a bouncing ROKU logo on my tv screen for a few seconds.. then the white light stops blinking, screen goes black and TV says NO SIGNAL. If I do a reset, the exact same thing happens again. Like I say.. everything worked great yesterday... today... NOTHING. And there is little to no support. Really thinking of sending it back, and going to get an Apple TV box!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dgrace
Level 11

Re: Roku Premier will not turn on... even after multiple resets.

Have you tried a new cable first? Another thing to try is pulling the power from the tv then plugging it back in. Sometimes the hdcp handshake gets whacked and having the devices rediscover each other is necessary. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Mdkirby1969
Level 7

Yes I have unplugged power from the TV and plugged in again. I have also tried moving it to different HDMI ports, and using a new cable. Nothing works. 

0 Kudos
Anon0ne
Level 7

We have a few months old Premiere also, which I have tried to run the update on multiple times. Every time I run the update, it goes to restart and never comes back on. Also if we let it go to sleep, it won't wake back up. I have tried different PSU, HDMI cable, on a separate TV, different HDMI inputs on this TV. Nothing helps this issue, and it seems from other posts it may be a software issue that Roku broke our units and an update is available to fix it.

That would be great, if the update would complete? I guess we are just screwed without factory resetting and updating before anything else. Hopefully it will finish an update after a factory reset.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mdkirby1969 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if your device is defective, you have within 30 days from the date of purchase to return the device. For more information regarding Roku devices warranty, visit our Support page here: Roku streaming player limited warranty and End User License Agreement

If you need further assistance with your device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Anon0ne 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yankee1944
Level 7

I have the same issue. Bought new a couple years ago and now it shuts off after a few minutes. Un-plug unit for several minutes and plug back into wall outlet. Light comes on and a few minutes later unit shuts down. Did this several times. Still nothing. What is the answer solving this problem?

0 Kudos
ronjon
Level 7

got the same problem...in the middle of a  amazon video...roku has dropped the signal several times. . It is ethernet connected to my router....which sees it...but I can get it the premier+ to power on for a few minutes, but no pic..then it shuts down and the power light goes off. I can' t find any reset instructions.....Is Roku dead at this point?

0 Kudos
ronjon
Level 7

ps...rebooted router also and it "sees" the roku...in screen mirroring mode..my phone sees the roku and links to it, but does not mirror

0 Kudos