Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premier will not power on (it has been working properly since I bought in November)

Hi,

The issue is mostly written in the subject.  The blue light will not come on.  I have tried rebooting the Roku by unplugging from the wall and then plugging it back in.  I also checked the input (HDMI).  I also made sure I am getting a picture on my TV by changing the input.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier will not power on (it has been working properly since I bought in November)

I've had the same issue. I noticed the player would get  very hot. Then a few weeks ago the screen would go blank. I would have to unplug it, wait about ten. minutes then it would work. I've also tried to reset it, but that has no effect whatsoever. Now the blue light doesn't light at all, and there is no picture or sound. I'm guessing it's dead, from what I've read. If Roku doesn't replace this for free, I will never buy another of their products. It's 9 months old.

0 Kudos