Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanmantim
Level 7

Roku Premier recently started turning Samsung Smart TV on

I have a Roku Premiere (4620 series)  connected to a Samsung smart TV.  I have enabled the functionality that allows the Roku remote to turn the TV on and have had no problems with it until recently.  For the past 3 weeks or so, the Roku is turning my TV on, showing the screen saver, and shows commercials without audio.  Whether I turn the TV off via the TV remote or the Roku remote, it still turns the TV on at random times. 

This is frustrating on many levels, it's a waste of power and it's very inconvenient to keep turning the TV off, especially at night.Powers TV on

Thanks in advance for any help given!  If I can't get this resolved, I will likely go to a competing product.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
lleaxyine
Level 8

Re: Roku Premier recently started turning Samsung Smart TV on

I have the same problem with my Express 4K..Have only had the device for a few months, but this has been happening for the last month or so.  I didn't make any changes to setup, other than a couple recent software upgrades.  This doesn't happen every night, but maybe two or three times a week, and at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. Never earlier or later.  I've checked all my settings - there is no method to have inadvertently set the device to behave like an alarm clock.  Makes no difference how I turn the TV off at night.  I'm about to start disconnecting the Roku when I turn the TV off.  It's a new problem for me.  I hae two other Roku devices - one on my main TV in the family room, and another on an old flat screen in my garage.  Neither device has this odd behavior.  The offending TV is in my study, which has a connecting door to my study.  Even with the sound turned down to zero, I can tell if the TV turns on. Very frustrating.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the latest system upgrades..

0 Kudos