Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ndydak

Roku Premier low power screen can't resolve

I have been using the device plugged into the Roku provided USB port and block for one year. This morning all of a sudden I received a low power message on the screen. The light is still white on the device. I tried different blocks, different cables, different HDMI cables, and a whole different TV. Nothing has fixed the issue. Is the device just dead somehow? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Premier low power screen can't resolve

Hi @Ndydak,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

If plugging your device into the wall adapter isn't resolving your issue of low power, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Kind regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello, i am also having the same issue and cant find a way to resolve it. It wont let me leave the screen its on so i cant click out of it to locate the the serial number

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emmalynfranz,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with a low power issue: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning? | Official Roku Suppor...

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Thank,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Casss

Is there a resolution to this?

my device is plugged into an outlet, has been for years and suddenly showing low power. I cannot get to the settings screen and have tried to reset.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Casss, after dealing with this problem and experimenting I'm convinced that it's caused by a failing USB power adapter, a bad USB cable, or, most likely, a bad/dirty connection somewhere in the power adapter to USB cable to Roku device chain.  I solved it by eliminating the USB cable and soldering wires from the power adapter to the Roku device.  It isn't something that the average user is capable of doing or will want to attempt.  My advice is to try spraying electrical contact cleaner in the various USB cable inputs/outputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos