Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siniestro02
Level 7

Roku Premier + crahes on HDR

Hello, I recently bought a 4K tv. I plugged my Roku Premier +.  4k runs fine but when I play something with HDR the roku device crashes (netflix, Vudu, youtube). I'm almost sure its not the tv because the TV has Chromecast and I was able to play the same HDR videos from youtube. I also connected my Xbox one s and I was able to stream an HDR movie that Roku couldnt play,  I was able to play HDR video from youtube on the Xbox Ones. any idea? TIA

Model: Roku 4630X - Roku Premier +
Display Type: 4K HDR @ 60HZ HDCP 2.2.
Software version: 8.1.0 Build 4159-29.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
siniestro02
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier + crahes on HDR

Somebody? Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I have an Ultra (4640), not P+, so wasn't going to respond at first. But since they are similar hardware, I thought I'd give it a try. I just opened YouTube and went to the HDR channel and played something. Because the Ultra isn't connected to a UHD TV, I can't test Vudu. I don't subscribe to the 4K level in Netflix, so can't test there. I do have some HDR movies on my media server, and tried playing them with Roku Media Player. In all cases, I didn't have an issue, and no reboots. I'm sure you've already rebooted your Roku. If not, pull the power, let it sit for 30 seconds, then power it back up and try again.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
siniestro02
Level 7

yes I unplugged it a million times Smiley LOL I'm going to try reseting it and see if that fix it. man this is the second roku that gives me issues, the other one died too soon. thanks
0 Kudos