Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Turtledove67
Level 7

Re: Roku!! Please fix audio sync issues!

I've been having the same problem with my ROKU t.v. we got last year but I'm technologically challenged and afraid to ask for help after the brow beating the original poster received. I would just like a fix layed out in layman's terms.
Highlighted
Stanger18
Level 7

I too have at least 10 different Roku’s throughout my house with all different configurations. Some are connected to receivers while others are connected directly to my TVs (Vizio, LG, Samsung) via HDMI. All of my Roku’s are connected via 1gb Ethernet to a switch. Things have worked flawlessly since I don’t tend to change configurations very often. However on one of my Roku HDMI direct to TV setups I was having an issue with HDCP content protection so I decided to reset the Roku to factory settings. Ever since the factory reset, I started to notice the lip sync issues mentioned in this post and other forums. Not sure if this will fix the issue for others or not, but what worked for me was to switch the audio mode in Roku from “Auto (Dolby Digital)” to “Stereo”. Making this change, then re-watching the same videos that had lip sync issues previously, were perfectly synced. Hope this helps.
Roku>Settings>Audio>Audi Mode>(Stereo).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SimEast
Level 7

@DBDukes wrote:
"turtlejay" wrote:
..,When an issue plagues every app on a platform it's not a single app's issue...

My Roku Ultra has no such issue. I wonder what I’m doing wrong.

I suspect you have an issue with other equipment. You didn’t list what all is in your setup. My guess is your Roku is plugged into a sound system and not directly into a TV. That’s not to say you’re doing it wrong. That is to say you aren’t providing full info about your setup and reaching conclusions based on partial info.

Your blocking older devices from updating would seem to me to point to software not hardware. So saying it’s an Ultra issue seems wrong. If it’s an issue there, that would point to software. And, if you have an AVR or such, it would indicate an issue with that particular setup.

If you truly want to solve it, provide good and complete info and those with knowledge and experience with similar setups may be able to help. If you just wanna b****, mission accomplished.

Db you're wasting everyone's time. This a real issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sbindallas
Level 7

I have the problem also. I have a Samsung 4K TV and Soundbar. The Ultra is plugged directly into the soundbar and the soundbar is plugged into ARC port on the TV. I replaced an apple TV that did not have this problem with the Ultra. It happens if I use a pause or fast forward on the ROKU. This happens across several APPS. The video is fine, but the audio drops out completely. I can get the audio to work again by switching the soundbar input port to another port and then go back to the HDMI port 1  that the ROKU is attached.

I am a software engineer and this appears to be a bug in the way the audio is synced after the audio stream is interrupted. Probably a simple fix, once it can be replicated in the shop. There appears to be a step that is different in the way the audio syncs at startup versus other paths.

Highlighted
awh
Level 1

I just started having this issue within the last two weeks. By going back to Home and waiting about a minute I can restart the show and the issue is resolved. (roku ultra wired all devices) I am surprised to here that so many are having this same problem. 

0 Kudos