Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob5819
Reel Rookie

Roku Media Player "Set favorite DLNA player" no longer working in Version 5.1 Build 3

Roku Ultra 4660X with 9.3.0 build 4170-46.  The Roku Media Player recently updated to version 5.1 build 3.  Previous version you could "set favorite dlna player" and it would automatically choose that device and pull up available content.  In the current version the "set favorite dlna player" option is available, but does not work.  There are at least 22 devices on my network advertising DLNA (Direct DVRs, Denon HEOS receivers, Windows Media Player, etc.) so scrolling through all the devices to get to the actual DLNA server (Serviio) takes a while.  Additionally, the "Select Media Device" screen constantly resets and puts you back on the first device found.  I am having this problem on two identical Roku Ultras.  Any additional troubleshooting or screen captures are available on request. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Media Player "Set favorite DLNA player" no longer working in Version 5.1 Build 3

Just one of many deficiencies in this release. Extremely disappointing.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Kram82
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Media Player "Set favorite DLNA player" no longer working in Version 5.1 Build 3

Thought it was just me. 

Build 5.5 - 13 still has this issue. For such a simple interface things like this really surprise me.  

Sometimes being forced to upgrade is the worst thing, especially when they seem to take features away. Purchased a Roku for my parents because it seemed to be one of the simplest devices to use. Some times I wonder if I made the wrong decision. The favourite dlna server feature may not be a big deal for most people, but for non-tech savvy users, ever extra step to do anything can add up. 

If this feature is going to be removed, can they please remove it from menu. It's obviously been an issue in a few revisions so may not be coming back.

0 Kudos
Kram82
Reel Rookie

Accidently found a workaround-sort of. If you just use the Home button to exit out of the media player, it will stay on the same screen where you left off, so I guess it stays in memory somewhere. If you back out with the back button, or restart the roku, then it starts at the beginning again. 

Only found this out a few minutes ago so it may time out after awhile, but I've had a few other apps open and media player is still where I left off. Not a great solution, but keeping the parents happy not having to go through 5 or 6 screens every time.

0 Kudos