Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vol4Ever
Level 7

Roku Media Player Fast Forward & Rewind?

I have huge library of TV shows and videos ripped to hard drive of our main home desktop.  Applicable directories set to network share / stream and show up perfectly inside RMP.  Play perfectly too with no lagging or anything on all our TV's.

Problem is videos will neither fast forward nor rewind.  Last night, for example, family was over half hour into hour show and my daughter accidentally hit remote home button which exited all the way back out to Roku's main menu.  Amazon Prime videos have simple "resume" selection and user can also FFW / REW as needed.  When going back through RMP menus, there was no way to automatically get back to the spot where we dropped and we obviously weren't going to re-watch the whole show!

Any tips on what I may be missing, or maybe a third party media player app that has a deeper feature set?  We use local network streaming all the time & RMP is great . . . . . except for this issue which is kinda big.  Smiley Sad  Thanks in advance.

~Vol

0 Kudos