Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fanboy
Level 8

Roku Media Player * Autorun-[Off] option not working

Jump to solution

After a recent auto update to version 9.3.0 build 4170-91

The Roku Media Player * Autorun-[Off] option not working; whenever current playback ends, it auto-play the next sequential media file (in the same folder). Can this issue be fix or resolve? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AirMojo
Level 8

Re: Roku Media Player * Autorun-[Off] option not working

Jump to solution

Update:  I got a response back from the ticket that I opened in August when I reported the problem.

It looks like Roku finally fixed the problem...

I updated the Roku software to version 9.4.0, went into the Media player settings, and changed Video Options "Playlist mode" to off ... ran a quick test, and it seems to work now... not "autoplaying" the next video after the current one is done playing.

Wonder what took them so long ?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AirMojo
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same problem... Autorun is set to off, but it keeps playing the next video after finishing one.

Pain in the **bleep**... especially if I fall asleep watching something, and videos keep playing !

Never use to work this way.

How do you contact Roku to file a ticket to fix this problem ?

0 Kudos
Fanboy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Have NOT contacted Roku previously. Here's the Roku Contact URL.

At present, just awaiting for Roku's next firmware update to resolve this "Antorun" issue. Good luck.

0 Kudos
AirMojo
Level 8

Jump to solution

I contacted Roku the other day via their "email" contact form on their website.

They responded back requesting the following information, which I gave them, on both of my Roku 3 boxes... still waiting to here back from them

-- Software version with the last update and last checked date (Settings> System > System Update)
    -- Channel version (Highlight the Roku Media Player app and click the star(*) button) Note: Don't push inside the channel you need to highlight the channel
    -- Issue id (From the Roku home screen, press the home button five times followed by the back button five times)

-- Serial number of Roku device

0 Kudos
AirMojo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Update:  I got a response back from the ticket that I opened in August when I reported the problem.

It looks like Roku finally fixed the problem...

I updated the Roku software to version 9.4.0, went into the Media player settings, and changed Video Options "Playlist mode" to off ... ran a quick test, and it seems to work now... not "autoplaying" the next video after the current one is done playing.

Wonder what took them so long ?

View solution in original post

Fanboy
Level 8

Jump to solution

RE: Roku Premiere+

Thank you for your reply. Bummer! ;o( Just updated to v9.4.0 build 4183-91. However, failed to find "Playlist mode" in Media Player settings. "Autorun option is still -[Off].

0 Kudos
Fanboy
Level 8

Jump to solution

RE: Roki Premiere Plus

Prior to v9.4.0 build 4183-91 update; we had to "Re-start" Roku to resolve "no audio" issue.   

0 Kudos
AirMojo
Level 8

Jump to solution

The Playlist mode is not on a folder level... you have to actually select a single video to watch and then select "Search & Options *" to turn it "off".

Stupid that it is not on a higher level than that, but it is there and seems to work.

0 Kudos
Fanboy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for pointing the out. I see it now; from "Play" screen. select [*] button to Search & Options* menu, then disable Playlist mode - [Off]. Cheers!

0 Kudos