Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegBill
Level 7

Re: Roku Keeps Returning to Home Screen

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday, cutting back to the Home Screen randomly no matter what I’m watching. All the reboots don’t help, nothing helps. I’m extremely upset that I’m paying for streaming services I can’t even watch because my Roku is a piece of garbage. The number of people commenting on this is crazy and Roku does nothing about it. I want the problem fixed or my product replaced. Is it a little weird to everyone else that there’s no actual person to talk to about issues with these devices?? 

TheSnydersKC
Level 7

Ours does this too the last 2-3 weeks no matter what we are watching whether Hulu or Netflix, we have the Roku Soundbar does anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes into what we are watching stops what we are watching and goes to main menu or it goes to main menu then shuts down to our tv logo and stuck in our TV logo  off and on loop

Model 9101X Roku Smart Soundbar

Serial YL00D7783900

Software version 9.3.0 build 4194-5

Device ID R649AD783900

this is incredibly frustrating!

llcoollex
Level 7

ID 70-441-823

every channel

this happened I rebooted the roku even made a new account it fixed it for a couple weeks but same problem again 

Swuirrel
Level 8

Roku Keeps Returning to Home Screen

My Roku keeps returning to Home Screen tried to remove HBO app restart and re add HBO still every time I try to load Sesame Street right back to the Home Screen.  Did a factor reset same issue.  Works from pc phone amazon tv.  Seems the latest firmware borked the stick!  Please roll back the firmware!!!!!

Hookazuma
Level 7

D803X

serial X00700EWW940

9.4.0 build 4187-C4

device I’d S06F408WW940

0 Kudos
Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

You're wasting your time Hookazuma. Roku doesn't care about you or respond to us about this problem. Get a firestick or android box or something else that works rather. 

Coreyb94
Level 7

Model:3930RW

Issue ID- PD-019-600

0 Kudos
CP1
Level 8

Not sure how roku has an A+ on the BBB.  They sold us devices that do not work as advertised.  How do we get a class action started?

Brent1970
Level 7

I also had this same issue with the Roku in my bedroom so I went and got the one from the den and exchanged them. So then, the one with issues in the bedroom worked perfect in the den and the one from den kept reverting to Home Screen in bedroom(except Netflix).

Solution:  swapped out the HDMI cable in bedroom and no more issues.

Mamabear_85
Level 7

-Roku model number: 3931RW -Roku Express+
-serial number: X00400S1641A
-device ID:  S0123011641A
-software OS: 9.4.0 build 4200-AE
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when does this is occur? what are you doing when this happens? Approx. 3-4 minutes into any show or movie. 
-does this issue occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels? This is occurring on every channel that I have tried. 
-please provide a tracker ID the next time this issue happens (after the issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Backbutton 5 times): Issue ID: 1A-053-792

0 Kudos