Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kap
Level 7

Re: Roku Keeps Returning to Home Screen

MODEL# 3930RW-ROKU EXPRESS

SERIAL# X004007N7N3T

SOFTWARE VERSION 9.3.0*BUILD4170-AE

DEVICE ID S009205N7N3T

I HAVE RESET REBOOT SO MANY TIMES. I BOUGHT A NEW ONE BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BOX YET THIS INE DOING THE SAME THING. SHUTS DOWN AFTER ABOUT 3-5 MIN AFTER I START STREAMING. I AM GETTING VERY UPSET WITH THIS ALREADY. HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH YOUR DEVICE. 

Omahabookworm
Level 7

-Roku model number: 3600X Roku Stick
-serial number: 5S464U296381
-device ID:  Roku Stick
-software OS: 9.3.0 build 4170-24
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when does this is occur? what are you doing when this happens? Approx. 3-4 minutes into any show or movie. 
-does this issue occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels? This is occurring on every channel that I have tried. 
-please provide a tracker ID the next time this issue happens (after the issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): Issue ID 81-299-053

Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

Hello Danny,

-Roku model number

3600X - Roku Stick

-serial number

5S673K192683

-device ID

FCC ID: TC2-RCB8

-software OS

9.3.0 build 4170-24

-please provide a tracker ID

83-299-116

-when does this is occur?-what are you doing when this happens?-does this issue occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels?

My player reverts straight back to the Home Screen at EXACTLY 3 minutes of streaming (as though I pressed the Home button).

It does it on ALL types of VIDEO streaming; whether YouTube, Plex, Live TV, Video Blogs, Movies. Notably, it does this irrespective of whether I am streaming over the Internet externally or on MY OWN Internal home network (my Plex server or my own DLNA server on another PC on same internal network)

Note: that it does NOT have this problem when only streaming MUSIC.

Thanks,

AlexKeiths
Level 7

Roku model number: 3930CA
-serial number: X0040054GWYL
-device ID: S0142984GWYL
-software OS: 9.3.0 BUILD 4170-AE
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when does this is occur? what are you doing when this happens? Approx. 3-4 minutes into any show or movie. 
-does this issue occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels? This is occurring on every channel that I have tried. 
-please provide a tracker ID the next time this issue happens (after the issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): Issue ID YL-305-242

Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

Dear, RokuDanny-R:

Do you have any more updates on Roku solving this issue for all of us???

You've been extremely quiet.
Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

Hey RokuDanny-R, 

Are you avoiding us? Still no reply from you??

So I can confirm that the latest firmware update for my Streaming Stick did diddly-squat to fix this. Fixed NOTHING. 9.3.0.4170 upgraded to 9.3.0.4194. Still goes back to Home Screen after 3 minutes. Guess Roku is going into the garbage and I'll have to get an Amazon or Google stick for streaming.

Scoot3r710
Level 7

Ours started doing this just bought it 3 months ago can’t return now and roku isn’t doing anything about it and amazon the people we got it from it’s unusable now just turns off to home screen 

Frustrared
Level 7

Please fix this. It seems like all it needs is an update

Djarvi
Level 7

CK396G538655

Roku Ultra

i cannot provide some of the additional information because the system won’t stay on long enough to look it up. This is very frustrating.

CP1
Level 8

POS Roku ultra still does not work.  

Roku Danny - I think everyone is quiet because no one is fixing our problem and we have moved onto a fire stick, or dish network.  I tried my ultra again today, and within 2 minutes, it jumps back to the Home Screen.  Tried it again and the same thing.  Doesn’t matter which channel I am on.  Only tried with Sling and unplugged it.

Software 9.4.0 build 4174-46