Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idiot_feature
Level 8

Re: Roku Keeps Pausing

Roku software seems to be very broken these days. That's what I've been noticing.

0 Kudos
Sodakbanker
Level 7

i was having this same problem and i feel it has to do with the memory in the tv if there is such a thing.  So i unplugged the internet router for 30 seconds and also unplugged the tv for 30 seconds and started them both back up and so far it resolved the problem.

0 Kudos
larrykathy12
Level 7

I had the same problem. I contacted them and was told this is normal even with the bandwidth saver disabled. The only way  to stop this is connect a laptop.I left roku in a spare bedroom and connected a laptop to stream non-stop music and movies to the rest of the house. No buffering or pausing.

0 Kudos
cruzbobbie
Level 7

We have 3 different rokus but only one at a time gets used and while watching a show on Hulu it will pause the show and you must push play to start it. I did the process to disable mobile access so hopefully that will work.

0 Kudos
JKL7553
Level 7

I also experience the annoying unwanted pauses regularly and have found no way to stop them.  

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 13

It all has to do with bandwidth . Maybe increase the speed of your Internet connection, that way there won't be any interference when all three devices are streaming at once. 

0 Kudos
larrykathy12
Level 7

My broadband speed is 100 Mbps. It pauses and asks if I'm still watching on every channel. Have turned off settings but every hour it asks the same question. Very ennoying

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If it's prompting you to ask whether you're still watching that's built into the particular channel/app you're using.  There's no global Roku setting for such a thing.  You'd have to take it up with the developer of the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos