Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millsmeda
Level 7

Roku HDCP Weirdness on Samsumg TV

I have an old Samsung Hi-Def TV, probably 2005-ish. Roku 4 working fine 2 nights ago. Today, the purple screen - but without an error message. I did some research and determined this could be HDCP-related. I did all the steps to resolve the issue to no avail. So, I took the Roku 4 box and connected it to a newer TV - all was fine. I took a Roku stick and plugged it into the 2005-ish Samsung and now I get the purple screen and the error code. So, I am asking "What the heck happened in two days that would suddenly cause this issue?" A TV producer type friend of mine thought it may be a software breakdown in the TV. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku HDCP Weirdness on Samsumg TV

that's an awfully old TV, and it's almost guaranteed to be HDMI 1.4 or even older. I can't say I'm surprised with an HDCP error on something so old. I've also seen colored screens with less than adequate HDMI cables, so they might have gone bad as well. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos