Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiques
Level 7

Roku Froze, Reset and Logged me out of all accounts

Hello Roku Community,
Something strange happened yesterday with my Roku 4 that has never happened before. At first the unit was freezing up. I performed a soft reset using the System menu and when it rebooted it would get stuck in a glitched screen (distorted). I performed a hard reset using the ‘Reset’ button on the bottom and it booted but only after about 1 hour. When it booted I had to download my apps and re-login to all of them, even the Roku account.
I’m posting this because I’d like to get people’s opinions on this type of behavior. I guess I’m being a bit paranoid and would like to check to see if I am getting hacked or my passwords have been stolen somehow. Any opinions are appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku Froze, Reset and Logged me out of all accounts

I wonder if something fried inside.. the Roku 4 has a cooling fan, and I wonder if at some point it failed, and something overheated.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
chiques
Level 7

Re: Roku Froze, Reset and Logged me out of all accounts

"jeffrok" wrote:
I wonder if something fried inside.. the Roku 4 has a cooling fan, and I wonder if at some point it failed, and something overheated.

I didn't think of that. I'll monitor the temperature by touch and make sure it has better ventilation. Thanks!
0 Kudos