Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhaze440
Level 7

Roku Firmware Bricked, Stuck at Roku screen thn Go to black screen

After the March Update my Roku Will not boot. Stays at Roku screen for about 60 seconds then screen goes black. led on roku just flashes every three seconds. I have tried hard reseting and it worked one time then froze then hard reseting it doesn't do anything anymore.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku Firmware Bricked, Stuck at Roku screen thn Go to black screen

You don't say what Roku model and model number you have.  It's always a good idea to give this information as sometimes it makes a difference.  Find out via Settings > System > About.

If your model is one that supports an SD memory card, a corrupted memory card has been known to prevent the startup from completing.  If you have one in place, try removing the card and see if this allows the startup to complete. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Bhaze440
Level 7

Can't go to settings if it's bricked. Mine is the non sd model

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

The model number should be written on it somewhere.  When you say "hard reset", did you hold in the reset button for no less than 30 seconds?

0 Kudos