Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjk985
Level 7

Roku Express stops displaying; have to unplug HDMI

I have a new Roku Express, only a few weeks old. When I first turn on the TV to watch something on the Roku, it does not show the screensaver, only a blank screen. It does not respond to the remote (and I know the remote signal is working because the light on the Roku blinks). The only way I can get it to work is by unplugging the HDMI cable from the Roku and plugging it back in. Then I can see the screensaver and everything works normally from there. But something obviously isn't working right, and I don't want to have to fiddle with the HDMI cable every time I want to watch something. How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Express stops displaying; have to unplug HDMI

Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable, and/or connecting your device to a different HDMI port on the TV? 

Let us know if that helps! 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
sjk985
Level 7

I have tried that, unfortunately it didn't make a difference.
0 Kudos
drgarner
Level 7

I have exactly the same problem with the Roku Ultra! I recently replaced a Roku 3 with a Roku Ultra. Ever since the change the HDMI does not work (sometimes) when the TV is powered on. Nothing else was changed - same TV and same HDMI cable. This problem never happened with the Roku 3. It only started this problem since upgrading to the Ultra to get the new remote. I have tried another HDMI cable and another HDMI input. Please Help!
0 Kudos
sjk985
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable, and/or connecting your device to a different HDMI port on the TV? 

Let us know if that helps! 

Cheers,
Tanner

Any other ideas? I tried this and I'm still having the same issue.
0 Kudos