Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tryen
Level 7

Roku Express solid white light and no signal

ok so i have had this roku express for about a month with 0 issues.  Now, i get a solid light but no signal.  I have tried on multiple TVs and multiple ports.  Tried 2 different power cables as well.  if i use the roku app it says "Roku Express Error check to see if your Roku Express is plugged in and on the network"

any ideas at this point would be much appreciated

thank you

12 REPLIES 12\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku Express solid white light and no signal

@Tryen  Thanks for the note. A couple more things you can try here: 

- Replace the HDMI cable connecting your device to your TV. 

- Make sure you are powering your device using the included wall power adapter, and not a USB port on your TV. Some of these do not provide enough voltage to properly power a device. 

- Try using both a different micro-USB cable and a different wall power supply, such as one from a mobile phone, to see if this helps resolve the issue. 

If those steps aren't helping, please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
NancyH
Level 7

I have the same issue.....a solid white light, get the home screen, but can not navigate through the system.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did you try new batteries in your remote?  You can verify if the remote is working by using the camera on your cell phone.  Point the remote at the camera and you should see a bright white flash with every button press.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Briehartz_47
Level 7

I am having the same issue, just bought this thing and used it for 2 days. There’s nothing anywhere on how to fix it and their customer support sucks! No where to call them or contact them.

0 Kudos
Simbad
Level 8

I'm having this exact same issue.

I've had my Roku Express for 18 months and had no issues at all. Then a few days ago I come in and the light at the front is on, but the screen is totally black. Nothing I press makes the menu come back onto the screen, so I have to unplug it and plug it in again for it to start working as normal. I then use it as normal that night and it goes to sleep as normal. Next day same thing, light is back on with a black screen.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Ty_techsavy_guy
Level 7

Mine doesn't work either I was just using it until just a minute ago and nothing seems to work, used 4 different micro USB cable, about 5 different wall ports, 2 different hdmi cable, all 3 different slots on my television ( mind you im tech savvy) and knowing what I know and studied now for hours on internet, not worth the $30 for the **bleep**

0 Kudos
Simbad
Level 8

I managed to get mine to work properly again.

After turning it off and on again to get it back on I went to check if the software was up to date. It said that the software was up to date and that it had last checked for a new version only the night before. Even so I forced an update check and low and behold it found a software update to install, even though it told me it was up to date. After I installed the update it's been working perfectly ever since.

0 Kudos
Momofmmsa
Level 7

How did you get it to work properly to be able to get the update? Luck? I've been having the same issue and thought that an update might be something to try. I can't get past the logo before the No Signal shows up. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has the issue and there is something that might fix it. Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
Simbad
Level 8

When I totally unplugged my Roku from the mains for a short time, it would then work again for about 24 hours before the white light and no signal thing happened again.