Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lox
Reel Rookie

Roku Express solid white light and no signal

No response from Roku? They’ve planned for these devices to die?

mine has worked for two years. Suddenly I have solid light but “no signal”.  Did the reset. Nothing. 

0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express solid white light and no signal

Hey @Lox

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you made sure that the input (sometimes referred to as source) matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected? 

We would also recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below: 

1. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. 
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  2. There is a problem with the TV
    • Try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    • Try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  3. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lox
Reel Rookie

I did all this. All of it. Multiple time. 
no signal

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Lox

Thanks for the update.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of the affected Roku device. It can be found underneath the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hurley

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

@Lox

Thanks for the update.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of the affected Roku device. It can be found underneath the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Model 3930x

serial S013208TYXG4

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @hurley

Thanks for providing us your serial number.

Before we proceed, have you tried the suggestions I posted above? I would recommend starting there and see if that will make a difference.

Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
joshjk
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Express. There's a white light, but nothing displays on a screen. I've tried it on two different tv's and different ports on each, tested two different HDMI cords, and tried different power outlets. I also tried to find the device using the Roku app on my phone to see if I could control it from there, but the device is not appearing on the network. Finally, I've tried factory resetting it using the pin button on the back multiple times.

Is there a way to fix this device other than the steps above? Or is this a known flaw with the Express hardware? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I wouldn't say it's a known flaw, but electronic devices die and it sounds like yours is dead.  If you've tried a factory reset by holding in the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected then you should pursue a warranty return if it's less than a year old.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
navonl

Hello,

I have a similar problem with ROKU express, it was running fine and suddenly there is no VIDEO signal out of the device, I do see the white power light on. I tried the factory reset also, but there is no response from the device. I tried all the suggestions, is there any solution to this. My device info

ROKU Express

Serial no: CA3066556310

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@joshjk

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos