Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Express not working

I have had my Roku express for a few years now and all of a sudden when I turn on my TV it just says "No signal" as if nothing were connected to the HDMI (I have a Toshiba TV). I know for sure it is my roku since I connected another roku in my house to my TV and it works just fine. I am assuming I am going to need a new roku since I've tried restarting it and unplugging it many times. I wasn't angry about it at first, but I have searched for an email to directly ask for what to do now and I do not think there is one. My other roku in the house is older than the one that is currently not working. I have not done anything different that would cause it to break. If there are any suggestions to potentially get it working again or even help from Roku themselves, that would be amazing. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku Express not working

Express models don't get any support other than the website and this "community" (especially one that's a few years old).  Does any light come on the front of the Express when you connect the power?  If you're using the TV's USB port for power try the supplied power adapter.  If you're already doing that, try another USB power adapter if you have one.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku Express not working

Thank you for responding! 

Yes the light does come on and does not seem abnormal. I tried using different HDMI and power cords and plugged the power cord using the power adaptor and still nothing happened. I think that something happened with the express itself. 

0 Kudos