Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apcalc3115
Level 7

Roku Express + getting hot and I can't get local channels with my antenna

tv us sharp aquos with one hdmi port on back but it does have many places to plug in those yellow, red and white plugs that are on the other end of the hdmi cord.  I have tried many ways to plug this in but it still gets hot! The TV is older but it was a really nice model when new.  I can't believe there isn't something I can do. I've set up 4 other TV's....this was to be the last one.  Anybody?  Help? Thanks, Linda 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express + getting hot and I can't get local channels with my antenna

@apcalc3115 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos