Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Refleximpendin
Level 7

Roku Express flickering on TV

My Roku Express suddenly started flickering on my TV. Here’s what I’ve attempted to do with no success:

1) swapped out HDMI cord

2) plugged power into power strip versus powering thru TV USB

3) changed display setting from 1080 to 720. This reduces the flickering to where it only appears at the bottom of the screen.

Because this is a Roku Express, I do not have an advance display option to manually toggle the screen refresh rate.

Thoughts?

4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express flickering on TV

@Refleximpendin 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried plugging in your device into another HDMI port to see if you are still experiencing the issue? We would also recommend trying to plug in the device to another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
slygramma
Level 7

I am having the same problem. I have 2 roku express and the problem only seems to be with one of them. I tried switching the devices and am still only having problems with the one. I find if I unplug the skinny plug from the device, if only momentarily, the flickering stops and I get a clear picture. Is the problem with my Roku or the outlet it's plugged into. Please advise. thanks.

0 Kudos
Refleximpendin
Level 7

Danny,

I have both switched HDMI ports on the current TV and plugged it into a different TV. In both cases the flickering is still present. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@slygramma @Refleximpendin 

Thanks for the update.

Have you also tried switching out the HDMI cord used to connect the device?

If you are still having issues with your device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos