Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express black screen after startup

@Cmwhite  Thanks for confirming. A few more questions: 

- Have you tried connecting your device to a different TV to see if you still experiencing the issue? 

- What is the specific brand and model of TV that you are seeing the issue on when trying to use your device? 

- When did you first observe the issue occurring? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
necmac
Channel Surfer

Does the same on other TVs where I use several other Roku devices so it is not my Sony Bravia,

0 Kudos
necmac
Channel Surfer

Stick originally worked and quit working when an automatic upgrade to 9.2.0 was done.

@necmac wrote:

Does the same on other TVs where I use several other Roku devices so it is not my Sony Bravia,

0 Kudos
necmac
Channel Surfer

Good luck. No suggestions here have worked as yet.

0 Kudos
necmac
Channel Surfer

Stick does NOT work on other TVs where I use other Roku devices.  Have tried new HDMI cables.  Have tried different ports on multiple TVs.  Have tried powering through USB port on the TVs as well as plugging directly to the power port and have ONLY used the Roku provided cords and plugs.  The light on the Roku unit is on and the Roku bouncing (and irritating) logo shows up when rebooted before going to the black screen.  Thanks anyway for your help though,.

0 Kudos
necmac
Channel Surfer

Likewise. Very frustrating.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
ephemery
Reel Rookie

Power *TV* off & back on with Roku on & connected. (There are several other posts solving this issue. Solved in 2 min.)

I have same issue on roku expreas. Shouldnt have to but have changed power cable, hdmi cable, different tvs. This is rokus problem amd all you are doing is blaming other things but not your update! Find us a fix or pay for my subscriptioms i cant use!

0 Kudos
Captainloozer
Channel Surfer

Also having this issue. 
happens on all my TVs.  Roku loading screen then black screen.  Any fix to this?  Was working fine before the update.

0 Kudos
RJ13

I even changed countries but still no luck.Lol... . Anyone got any solution for this black screen with no audio during booting process after few dancing characters (During dancing character there is audio but not after screen goes blank)?

I first noticed this issue in sep-oct 2020 (if i am remember correctly). After that i have stopped using this Roku 3 player. Now i moved to another country and tried my luck here also by changing hdmi cables, tv ( samsung to sony ), pressing reset button for more than 30 seconds, pressing home button multiple times ( whatever clue i got from internet i tried everything)  but results are same. @rokusupport f you can not fix the problem then at least show some courtesy and ship a new device. This device was working fine for more than 5 years or so and i feel some software update caused this issue. I still have one Roku 2 which works absolutely fine. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos