Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roku Express Streaming Player (3900R) dropping sound for 2-3 seconds

In the last week or two our Roku player has been dropping the sound for 2-3 seconds and then comes right back.  The power is plugged into an outlet.  We've tried a new cable and a different HDMI port on the TV -- no change.  We've disconnected the power and HDMI, waited a minute and reconnected -- no change.  We see where the software was updated about two weeks ago and wondering if it may be a software issue.  We're disappointed to learn that Roku does not provide technical assistance -- will keep this in mind if we need to replace it.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RLMiller
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Streaming Player (3900R) dropping sound for 2-3 seconds

I have done everything recommended to resolve the insufficient power message on my Roku Express. I have replaced the power supply and the HDMI cables with their products and it is plugged directly into the wall. Still have the message and no tech support. A friend told me to just replace it, but I shouldn't have to. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos