Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borigo
Level 7

Roku Express Sony Bravia KDL-40W600B

Hello.
I got a problem with the Roku Express display size.

When I'm playing Youtube or Netflix (haven't really checked in other apps) the size of the image is a bit bigger than my tv.

In the YouTube one, the icon in the upper right should appear complete.

In the Netflix one, the left pannel seems a bit cutted.

I have checked with the roku´s client service and they told me to erase the apps, restore the device and changing the tv.

The other tv showed the display normally, so it's about my tv, but I can't find any good resolution solver. I got a Sony Bravia KDL-40W600B.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tajson
Level 8

Re: Roku Express Sony Bravia KDL-40W600B

"Borigo" wrote:
When I'm playing Youtube or Netflix (haven't really checked in other apps) the size of the image is a bit bigger than my tv.

Use your TV remote to select another screen mode by Picture & Display -> Screen -> Wide Mode where one of the modes will inflate the image larger than your tv's display. Try to find Full or Wide.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Express Sony Bravia KDL-40W600B

The TV menu might label it a multitude of ways. My Panasonic plasma calls the mode that is considered bit accurate "Just". My Samsung doesn't really offer much in the way of settings, but it does allow custom sizing, so it's possible to zoom both width and height to the exact place you want. So you might have to experiment with different settings before you find the one that makes the Roku image fill the screen exactly. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos