Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mhern218
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ (3910 series) Malfunctioning

Jump to solution

I have this same issue!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Saritab83
Level 7

Re: All apps display 1/4 screen size

Jump to solution

I have a dynex TV and I just bought the roku today and it only plays the movie in the top left corner please help me fix this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mhern218
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have not been able to fix this  issue myself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jeanluc
Level 7

Re: Display problem with Roku Express+

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem I have a 36 in sanyo led could you please help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Mhern218 @Saritab83 @Jeanluc 

Thanks for reaching out here. A few more questions to help clarify your setup: 

- What specific make and model of TV are you connecting your device to?

- When exactly does the issue appear or present itself? What action are you taking, or what are you doing on the device when this issue occurs? i.e. launch a specific channel, play a specific content title, etc. 

- Does this issue only occur when you launch a channel or play content? Which channel are you watching, and what is an example content title that the issue occurs on? 

- Have you tried changing the display resolution settings in Settings>Display type to see if any option helps eliminate this issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rose-fam
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just bought today (1/10/20) Apps display shows in top 1/4. System says everything is updated. I’ve tried restarting and it doesn’t fix anything. I have a Samsung tv. Please send fix or update this software. If there is no fix I will return this defected device. 👎🏻

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hernan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tanner, I did it,but is still the same  the tv is Vizio and it was working fine when it was installed 

Hernan Roman 

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ThomasAT
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen

Jump to solution

After a year of working fine I am suddenly having a similar problem but only with the "on demand" screen with my express +. I can  only see 2 columns of networks but the arrow goes right and I can't see which network is highlighted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MnTX
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen-possible solution???

Jump to solution

ROKU Express: 3930RW 

TV:  Insignia  (model unknown)

Software: 9.2.1 build 4090-AE

Streamed content is only about 1/4, shown in upper left corner.

Have tried software update, reboot, power cycle, reset, and factory reset.

ROKU channelROKU channelFood NetworkFood NetworkPrimePrime

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen-possible solution???

Jump to solution

@MnTX  Thanks for the pictures here—this is very helpful. In order to help pass this feedback along to our team, we need to know the exact model number of Insignia TV that you have. Could you try looking in the TV's own settings menu, or on the back of the TV on an information sticker to see if you could locate it? 

Also, the next time this issue occurs, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly on your remote. Please note the specific streaming channel and content that you were watching, and reply to provide these details. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos