Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ben01
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen-possible solution???

Jump to solution

I unplugged the device, plugged it back in, found the update, good to go! Thanks Tanner!

Highlighted
Beppo
Level 7

Jump to solution
Is the new software build number 4200? That’s what I’ve got and I have no problems with the Express+ now. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
urmed02
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi TannerD

I just purchased a Roku Express today and it is completely updated (Software 9.1.1). I have a Samsung PN51D550 television. 

I have unplugged and restarted several times and both Netflix and Disney+ only take up about 1/4 of the screen when running a movie, even though all menu options fill the entire screen. 

Please advise.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eascott17
Level 7

Jump to solution
I tried this and the screen on the movie I’m watching is still super zoomed in - brand new roku, says no new updates to install
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@urmed02 Thanks for reaching out. Please try checking for another system update in Settings>System>System update>Check now and let me know if you still run into the issue from there. 

@Eascott17 What streaming channel are you watching when you encounter the issue? Is it just one channel or multiple channels?

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
urmed02
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD - I have done this and still only 1/4 of the screen. Any other potential updates? 

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@urmed02  Thanks for reaching out here. A few more questions to help clarify your report: 

- What specific make and model of TV are you connecting your device to?

- When exactly does the issue appear or present itself? What action are you taking, or what are you doing on the device when this occurs? 

- Have you tried changing the display resolution settings in Settings>Display type to see if any option helps eliminate this issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
urmed02
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

-I have a Samsung PN51D6500 (several years old!)

-The menu for the Roku/Disney+/Netflix (only ones I have tried) are perfect but when Netflix or Disney+ starts playing a movie/show, it only appears in the top left 1/4 of the TV. 

-Yes, I've tried the resolution settings and everything I can think of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@urmed02 Thanks, I'll pass this information along to our team to take a closer look. Please feel free to follow up with me via private message as we continue to investigate. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@urmed02 

I've followed up with you via private message to gather a few more details. Please feel free to take a look and reply when you have a chance. I also have a couple more questions to add: 

- If you wouldn't mind, please also let us know what steps are required in order for you to restore the full screen display. Does exiting the channel restore the full screen display, or do you restart your device, etc.?

- Have you tried multiple HDMI ports on your TV? 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos