I just purchased a Roku Express today and it is completely updated (Software 9.1.1). I have a Samsung PN51D550 television.
I have unplugged and restarted several times and both Netflix and Disney+ only take up about 1/4 of the screen when running a movie, even though all menu options fill the entire screen.
@urmed02 Thanks for reaching out. Please try checking for another system update in Settings>System>System update>Check now and let me know if you still run into the issue from there.
@Eascott17 What streaming channel are you watching when you encounter the issue? Is it just one channel or multiple channels?
@urmed02 Thanks for reaching out here. A few more questions to help clarify your report:
- What specific make and model of TV are you connecting your device to?
- When exactly does the issue appear or present itself? What action are you taking, or what are you doing on the device when this occurs?
- Have you tried changing the display resolution settings in Settings>Display type to see if any option helps eliminate this issue?
-I have a Samsung PN51D6500 (several years old!)
-The menu for the Roku/Disney+/Netflix (only ones I have tried) are perfect but when Netflix or Disney+ starts playing a movie/show, it only appears in the top left 1/4 of the TV.
-Yes, I've tried the resolution settings and everything I can think of.
@urmed02 Thanks, I'll pass this information along to our team to take a closer look. Please feel free to follow up with me via private message as we continue to investigate.
I've followed up with you via private message to gather a few more details. Please feel free to take a look and reply when you have a chance. I also have a couple more questions to add:
- If you wouldn't mind, please also let us know what steps are required in order for you to restore the full screen display. Does exiting the channel restore the full screen display, or do you restart your device, etc.?
- Have you tried multiple HDMI ports on your TV?
Please let me know if you have any other questions!