Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen-possible solution???

Jump to solution

So sad that I just bought a ROKU express and now find that this 1/4 scree problem has bee around for at least a whole year! I was so excited setting it up and entering all my details... eager to try it out then BAM! Only 1/4 screen display. About the size of my iPad. Soooo disappointing. This is a ROKU problem... with no apparent fix. That’s a shame. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Screen Only Displaying 1/4 of TV Screen-possible solution???

Jump to solution

I was having the tiny screen issue as well... Always while streaming NBC. Exiting and restarting fixed it but then had to watch 5 commercials before the show continued... Grrrr. I followed the instructions given here and checked for system updates in "Settings" and sure enough, NBC was the only one with an update waiting. So far, so good, thanks RokuTannerD!!

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Hi everyone, 

If you're still running into an issue where your Express' display is only appearing in 1/4 of your TV screen, please try checking for a system update in Settings>System>System update>Check now. 

Please let us know if this helps clear up the issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos