Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkaucher
Level 7

Roku Express+/Old TV/No HDMI on Stereo Amp

I installed a Roku Express+ on an old Panasonic CT-32SF37 TV and I'm using an old Harmon Kardon stereo amp for the sound. Neither the TV nor the amp have hdmi so I just used the yellow, red, and white composite cables to connect from the Roku to the TV and then connected from the TV to the amp. Everything seems to work. I've got sound coming out of 5 speakers plus a subwoofer but I don't think it's really "separated stereo", and I'm wondering if I could somehow take advantage of the optical input on the Harmon Kardon amp that I might be able to improve things. I'm not well versed in Dolby Digital 5.1 terms and such things. I'm hoping that I can get a little direction on how to convert hdmi to optical for the sound while keeping the yellow composite cable connected to the TV for video. The TV is at my mother's house and the goal is to get Spotify up and running on this old TV so we can "pipe" the music into the old (but nice) Harmon Kardon amp. Is this possible? Thanks. Gary

0 Kudos