Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Express+ Double Blinking Light

I have owned a Roku Express+ for several months and am using it on an older television with RCA input. Everything was working fine until I turned on my tv a few days ago and could only get a blank gray screen on the input channel. I tried unplugging, paperclip resetting, and rebooting, but every single time I am left with a double blinking light on the Roku player and nothing displayed on the screen. I read earlier posts describing a similar issue, which indicated the possibility of the internet connection being down. I have rebooted my router numerous times, and no other devices (including a Roku stick in another room) are having issues accessing the network. I followed the troubleshooting video suggestion to try the Roku Express + on another tv (still using RCA cable) and it worked. When I returned it to the original tv, the problem recurred, though. It would seem that the problem could be with the tv itself (something wrong with the RCA inputs, perhaps, or the display?), but that doesn't explain why the light is double blinking on the Roku player. Also, this is not a digital tv, and there is only one input to select (which hasn't stopped me superstitiously pushing the Input button repeatedly). Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
ghb51
Level 8

Re: Roku Express+ Double Blinking Light

"sterlingbrett" wrote:
I have owned a Roku Express+ for several months and am using it on an older television with RCA input. Everything was working fine until I turned on my tv a few days ago and could only get a blank gray screen on the input channel. I tried unplugging, paperclip resetting, and rebooting, but every single time I am left with a double blinking light on the Roku player and nothing displayed on the screen. I read earlier posts describing a similar issue, which indicated the possibility of the internet connection being down. I have rebooted my router numerous times, and no other devices (including a Roku stick in another room) are having issues accessing the network. I followed the troubleshooting video suggestion to try the Roku Express + on another tv (still using RCA cable) and it worked. When I returned it to the original tv, the problem recurred, though. It would seem that the problem could be with the tv itself (something wrong with the RCA inputs, perhaps, or the display?), but that doesn't explain why the light is double blinking on the Roku player. Also, this is not a digital tv, and there is only one input to select (which hasn't stopped me superstitiously pushing the Input button repeatedly). Any suggestions?

If it's working fine on the other tv it's probably an interference problem, try putting the Roku Express + in a spot that offers the clearest path between it and your router and see if that helps.
0 Kudos