Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmadrigali
Level 7

Roku Express Disconnects

Hi there, I bought a Roku Express 18 months ago and everything was fine until last month. After watching something and leaving it in standby, it freezes and all I can see is the usual screensaver but none of the buttons on the remote work and the only thing that seems to fix it is turning it on and off again which is not ideal as I have to do it every time I want to watch something. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Singaporesnowy
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Disconnects

My parents are experiencing the same problem, however I have the exact same device that was purchased 1 week before theirs and I have no problems.  Any help would be appreciated as they are getting tired of having to reboot the system every time they want to use the Roku.  I am thinking about just getting a chromecast and giving them mine.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Roku Express Disconnects

If you do go with Chromecast, look into the Chomecast with Google TV. It comes with a remote and uses the Google TV (formerly Android TV) interface. It's a pretty good device. Yes it costs more than a standard Chromecast, but having the remote and an actual menu interface (unlike standard Chromecast devices) will make it a more familiar experience for them.

You didn't provide the model number of the device with the issue. As Roku has (or until very recently, had) both an Express and an Express+ device, and since they look identical, ensuring the model number will ensure which solutions may be applicable. The remotes on the Express and Express+ are very different.

Settings > System > About

Model number and Software version will be useful.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos