Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acacia
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express - Black Screen, unresponsive, will not even respond to hard reset

Seems like this thread is dead. Thank you to those who read and provided suggestions. My conclusion is - unique problem, no solution, defective or broken Roku, time to go back to the store?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express - Black Screen, unresponsive, will not even respond to hard reset

@Acacia 

Not sure what assistance @RokuDanny-R   provided to you, but if you are looking to replace the 3930 I recommend the $30-40 Express 4K+ (3941), which is dual band with a USB ethernet option and a voice remote.

Acacia
Channel Surfer

Many thanks, @StreamerUser 

0 Kudos
Kp4351

Exact problem 

0 Kudos
Kp4351

Exactly what happened to me. My player is about a year old. It was idle for a couple months. I had the total freeze happen. Blah blah did everything you did. I thought I just had a dud. So I bought a brand new duplicate one. Used the new cables. It did the exact same thing. Totally frozen. With a brand new unit! 

I guess I’ll try fooling with it a little longer, but it’s totally baffling why it just won’t work at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kp4351,

Welcome, and thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

Upon carefully assessing this concern, it seems that the issue lies in the TV itself since a brand-new device had the same problem. We suggest that you try it on a different TV and observe if there is a difference.

If the issue persists, kindly provide us with the Roku device ID so we can dig deeper into this specific concern.

We're eager to help. Kindly keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos